Friday, May 26, 2017

Bonus Show Loot - Orioles big hits

Man, I was on a good roll there for a while, but have missed some posts in the last couple weeks.  Ah well.  Onward and upward.  Three day weekend starts now, so I'll try to take time to build a buffer of posts ready to go.

So anyway...

I don't actively collect my local teams (the Orioles and Nationals), but I like to swap any hits I pull for similar cards of local players.  I also occasionally will pick up a really nice looking jersey or autograph that satisfies my aesthetic tastes and wallet impact at the same time if I happen to spot one, even though I generally pass by the "Mojo Hitzzz" tables.  I have very few compared to base and inserts, but when you find a deal, you find a deal. 

I've recently, and quite informally, started a mini-collection of sorts.  (As if I needed to start another niche specialty to add to the relentless hoarding that's already going on!)  I had a couple Adam Jones jersey cards that I had either pulled or swapped for, so I thought why not get a nice one from every year he appears on one?  So I went through the ones I had and it worked out that with those, and a couple nice purchases that I think I documented here at some point.  (I'll show them all at some point)  I'm now down to 2011 and 2013.

Here is the latest addition, covering 2014....

5/9 with a shweet piece of the same shoulder patch that is shown by the photograph.  Triple Threads is generally kinda Cheese Dog City, but this one is particularly well done.  The prismic gold top and bottom scanned more like puke green, but it looks nice in real life. 

I had actually been looking for this particular dealer since I got the last AJ Museum Collection patch from him in a PA mall.  There is one collector I trade with that lives near Baltimore proper and collects nothing but the Birds.  He had been sending me tons of oddballs and other items for several mailings in a row.  I said I was going to hook him up with his favorite player on a big mojo card or two.  Today I finally found what I was looking for.  I think he'll be pleased....


No comments:

Post a Comment