Friday, October 20, 2017

October Chantilly Show

On Saturday the 15th I went down to the tri-annual show in Chantilly, VA at the Dulles Expo Center.  Wasn't after any autographs, just wanted to shop the full day.  Did pretty well, especially on my vintage set needs.


About doubled my 1963 Fleer set count.  Added a couple decent names too - Robinson, Mazeroski, Santo.  Brooks was a blaster and a half.  The other guys are mostly from Uncle Dick's and are marked (on the sleeves).


More from Uncle Dick's and a few others.  The Vida Blue was the first card I picked up and was a steal at $4.  Been looking for a decent upgrade of the last card to kill that set.  (Had another in Blue's PC binder.)  I bet I have that Palmer Kellogg's, but we'll see.  (Update: Yep, sure did.  Who needs one?)  Great deal on high number '70 Bench.  And they're all high numbers too, as well as the '72s.  Started on some '64s from the bargain bins.  Once '60 is done (nine cards to go), I'll go full tilt on '64.


Quick and dirty closeup of Frank and Johnny.  I can never avoid shine taking pics in my house.


Some other vintage names on modern cards, and other PC guys.  Manny is on a KDKA radio issue.  Never seen that one before.  Love the obscure oddballs in player collections.  Also found a new Priest Holmes for that collection, which hasn't had many additions lately.  The Hernandez jersey was a whole two bucks from a table with nothing but two dollar GU cards.  Some newer Bo's and some Archive signatures of Campy and Manny Mota.  Plus a silk Livan for his PC.


Can't pass up a shiny Tiant sig.  Even if I really don't care about shiny.  It's a nice item to add.


More $2 jerseys, including RGIII, who should be going for that now.  A couple decent current names and a lot of regular Redskins cards.  Finished my Donruss base set with Riggo.  Dez corrupts this group but is an insert need.


And finally, my ubiquitous insert purchase from my guy Barry & family who had the full Nat setup going and had tons of 25¢ inserts.  Love that I got some more Hometown Heroes and '87s from this year. Both are sets that never seem to end.  Also killed some of last year's Heritage highs and Ichiro hits sets.

Got one dupe besides some Redskins base.  If you need Joe, let me know!


4 comments:

  1. The way most of that vintage is priced with the big numbers and different-colored markers makes me think that's the same vendor who sets up at the big local show around here in Chicago every year. I've found many great deals from his table in the past, and looks like you found a slew of them yourself this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's "Uncle" Dick Decourcy. Best vintage selection at whatever grade you're looking for. And just one of the nicest people in the business...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some haul! You conveniently have my two favorites from the bunch in the same photo, that being the '64 Robinson and the '70 Bench.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with Topps Silk, stacks of vintage, and a Campy autograph. Nice haul.

    ReplyDelete