Friday, March 16, 2018

First Transaction On New Forum

I recently was recommended to join the Net54 Baseball forum from a fellow trader.  I signed up a couple weeks ago and have been enjoying the discussions on Pre-War cards and finding out there is a thriving trade market out there for cards of this era.  The forum also has sections on newer stuff too.

My first purchase was this PSA 4 T205 Art Fletcher that arrived yesterday. 


It's an upgrade to an ungraded one I picked up a while ago.  My goal is to complete the team set with each one being graded somewhere around this level.  Most of mine are around the 4 mark.  That's good enough for me.


Thanks to Gonzo on the forum for the upgrade. 

Now I at least have one to trade!

5 comments:

  1. I joined Net54 years ago and was quickly intimidated by the amazing collections some of those folks have. I recently went back and started posting there. I’ve swung a few deals from members there but nothing approaching that Fletcher. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found some useful information in some of the sites old message board posts, but have no intention of joining. Love the Fletcher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice Fletcher card! I have one gold border, a Nap Rucker, that I plan to submit to PSA one day. If it gets a VG-EX 4 I'll be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pickup. I'm happy with picking up 4's for my 1956 Topps cards. 4's for tobacco cards are even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been on there for awhile but don't post with any regularity. As Commishbob said, it's intimidating to see what others collect. I'm not going to try and collect Mike Trout on a Mike Greenwell budget, so I don't "brag" on there. I've had nothing but good experiences, though.

    I have picked up a few T206s, my lone T213-1 and some vintage football from there. I believe that three of the four in my Scoops Carey T206/T213-1 rainbow were picked up from there.

    ReplyDelete