Monday, August 06, 2018

Leading Ladies Of Sports Broadcasting #8

Somebody tell Greg Zakwin his old favorite is on!

Erin Hawksworth is now a reporter with DC Channel 7 Sports (WJLA Arlington), and appears regularly on FM 106.7 The Fan.


She was previously the World Sports anchor for CNN, and National Sports anchor for Rogers Communications in Canada.  Got her experience in Colorado, Texas, and Boston at local stations.  She graduated from Arizona State University in 2004, after a semester at my alma mater American U in 2003.  It was a few years after I was there, though.


In the interviews, I've seen, she's very professional and prepared.  Doesn't seem like she's being coached or put out there for just set dressing at all.


I was actually surprised about a year ago to see her on our local channel covering the NFL playoffs.  I don't watch the local news, but maybe I should.  I'm not sure if she's the regular sports anchor, or just a field reporter.  Might have to do some follow-up research.



Her brother Blake was a pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals and Los Angeles Dodgers.


 As Z has shown many times, she's oh so adorable!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Woo-Hoo the ladies of broadcasting are back nice touch as always. You should make a 52 set of them 1 for each week of the year. I wouldn't complain about that but take the words from the late Dick Enberg 'My Oh My....' also any chances of a blog post about the hottest wives of sports next now if you excuse me I have to take care of something that I haven't done since I was a kid......that's going to the local store to get a pack of cards yeash!!!! Get your mind out of the gutter son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GZ has great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin! One of my all-time faves. I follow her on Instagram. She even e-mailed me a couple times back in the day. She's so good at her job AND drop-dead gorgeous. What a combo.

    And thanks for the compliment Fuji lol.

    ReplyDelete