Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Matt Kills Several Prime Targets

Got a package last week from Matt of Heartbreaking Cards Of Staggering Genius that was kinda like déjà vu all over again.

It's always nice to get surprised by hits to your prime want lists, but the downside is that you have no chance to mark them as incoming, so you might get them twice.  But not all of what he sent were repeats, Matt hit some other good stuff too.

 Trout Fire.  Just wow.

 

The two Bunt killers.  Nice.


And the two E-Motion killers.  Excellent!


Same Bonds card, but different number.  It's actually better to have more than one of these to show that there was one for each HR.

But there were more first time hits!


Combs is the last base card for the set, and Hawkins was a variation hit. 


Got some bonus Yellowness for the trade box.


Mack was one of three remaining base cards to crazy '95 Fleer.


Always LOVE hits to Hygrades.  This is the yellow back version of the orange front Robinson.  But wait, there's more!


Lewis (the red $2000 value version) and Lajoie (the red $10k version) as well.  Both are also Hygrade reprint inserts.

And finally, a card I couldn't ever find an actual image of online.


The actual 2003 Yankee Signature Series Torrez.  Let's see how my mockup custom compares.  Actual card on left, my version on right.

 

Hey, not bad.  I guessed on the photo cropping.  Had to add the bottom third of my photo by hand.

Thanks a lot Matt!  I usually don't mention it when someone duplicates hits, but the ones you did were pretty awesome anyway, and ya added in some fantastic stuff on top of them!

5 comments:

  1. There's another guy named Matt in the card blogging world? I thought I'd met all the Matts but apparently not.

    Those old Hygrade cards bring back great memories. My mom(or grandma?) bought the album for me when I first started collecting. The Gooden and Ripken cards are very nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hygrades have different colored backs? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure glad I didn't but those E-Motion's for you, even though I was very tempted to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think I've got the Cal E-Motion in my pending COMC shipment. oh well. I've got a passive PC for him I can toss it into if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for the trade!

    ReplyDelete