Monday, January 14, 2019

Leading Ladies Of Sports Broadcasting #10

If you've been keeping track at home, this will be post #10 on the Leading Ladies, but only subject #9.  I'll have one more to go to make an even ten, and then I think in 2019 I'll move on to another group of lovely ladies.  Though I will do one-offs by request.  Unfortunately, I am not able to make physical cards.

Heidi Watney started with NESN as a Red Sox reporter.


After creating several cards just now, I realized I had already made a batch earlier as well.  A couple were redundant, but I ended up with about nine customs.  Ah, Heidi's worth it...



Believe it or not, Heidi is 37!  Born in 1981 and grew up in Fresno, California.



A fan favorite, of course, she has actually dated MLB players Jake Peavy and Jason Varitek.  'Tek had been recently separated and went on to remarry, so their relationship was brief.  She went on to marry the Director Of Baseball Operations for Florida Mike Wickham.

She and her husband also run a business that sells baseball accessories and custom-printed bats.  They are apparently doing well with it.


She was runner up to Miss California 2002.


She's definitely #1 on MLB Network.

4 comments:

  1. Insert thumbs up emoji!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely the finest thing going on the MLB Network, and she's great on Twitter.
    When she's doing Quick Pitch she'll interact with fans in the wee hours of the morning.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want me to print out some of your customs for you, just let me know. I feel like that'd be a good way to balance the scales since I owe you plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi is one of my favorites. I've featured her in my Women on Cards gallery - but I dont have any customs. These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete