Saturday, February 16, 2019

Winning Isn't Everything, But It Sure Beats Whatever's In 2nd Place!

I actually won something!


I casually put my 2¢ into CynicalBuddha's Almost the Easiest Super Bowl Contest on the Web this year with a heavy dose of cynicism.  I really wanted to see Saints vs. Chiefs play the game, but figured the Patriots would win because it feels like it's dictated by the league.  So I picked Patriots over Saints and guessed four field goals and a middle of the road total score number.


By gosh, my cynicism paid off.  I've had Brady on my fantasy team for the last two years, and he scores OK, but my team ends up dead last both seasons.  I've mentioned many times that he makes good decisions, and is an accurate passer, but nothing else justifies the idol worship that everyone seems to have for him.  So I'm not a fan.  But this time I got rewarded.


I actually skipped over reading the post when it was first put up.  I thought "I'm sure I didn't  come close."  It wasn't until a day or two after that I pulled it up and saw my entry highlighted.  "NO WAY!!  What the heck did I win?"  I didn't even know.  I hadn't looked at the prize post either.

Well, they showed up today.

I won't reproduce the images for the prize pieces.  He did that in this post.  The best part for me was the stack of Redskins I got on top of those.  I figured it would be some shiny serialized singles and a pile of base and inserts.  I was pleasantly surprised to find several higher end jerseys and autos among the Washington faction.

There were some regular and parallel rookies.  All of which I needed except three older ones.  Sweet!


A nice 2005 UD rookie piece of Jason Campbell...


A Momentum jersey (/99) and a serial numbered (/100) Prestige of Santana Moss...


A very deep blue and shiny Spectra jersey of ol' Hank, also numbered out of 99...


And a crazy shiny Unparalleled autograph of defector safety/linebacker Su'a Cravens (/199).

All told, I got some great additions to the Redskins collection.  The type of stuff I saw at a recent trade night at my local shop, but wasn't equipped to trade for.  Nice to get some anyway. Thanks CB!

4 comments:

  1. congrats! That game did not go down the way I expected it to with that crazy low score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning the contest (and props to CynicalBuddha for holding a great contest). I really wanted my hometown Rams to win but it was not to be. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the contest win!

    ReplyDelete