Monday, March 04, 2019

Epic Mailday - Part One

Hi, my name is Greg.

<Hi, Greg>

And I'm addicted to cardboard*.

I've been on a binge lately.  I found a bunch of stuff on COMC that was cheap enough to make up an order, while comparing to similar items on SportLots, which I then, of course, had to fill out two more orders as well, and at the same time also found the best deal on a few things on eBay.  While all this was going on, there were some trades in the works too.

It all came together last Monday.


All these were sitting on my stoop when I got home from work.  And there was one more in the mailbox.


In all, seven packages arrived that day.  The only one that I was still waiting for was the second SportLots order.  That showed up Wednesday.  I also got another blog trade on Friday.

Monday's haul looked like this:


I'll break it down by packages all this week.  It's a very eclectic mix.  I went into COMC looking for oddball stuff to begin with, and all this came out, plus the trades.

First up is a batch from Night Owl.


My Heritage sets got hit hard this week, including these 2011s in their woodgrain and floaty head greatness.


A couple big name short prints from 2007 Heritage as well.


Excellent selection of Allen & Ginter inserts from years past and present.


And Night Owl's favorite....MINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.  Love this insert set.


I'm pretty sure he also included an unopened pack of Space Shots series 2.  I may leave it unopened if I can stand it, since I got the complete set all at once.

Thanks a lot, Greg!

Much more loot to come!


*No offense to those whose addictions are an actual burden in their lives. 

7 comments:

  1. Lol. I think I've had five or six packages arrive in one day... but not sure about seven. That must have been quite the package opening party.

    P.S. I spy with my little eye a sweet MJ box topper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many Gregs could possibly blog about trading cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg might be the second-most popular name among baseball card bloggers..even with BWTP retiring, I think Matts are still ahead.

      Delete
  3. I think my record for packages in a day is 7.

    Love the last-line disclaimer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a heck of a mailday! Can't wait to see more details on this haul.

    2007 Heritage SPs were a killer. Pujols and Jeter especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems a little careless for your mail carrier to leave all of those on your stoop like that. I live in the middle of nowhere with almost no possibility of having something stolen off of the porch, and they still won't even do that here, if it doesn't fit in the mailbox, you get a slip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's inside a little fenced yard, so there's more deterrent than it appears.

      Delete