Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Epic Mailday - Part Three

The third installment showing off the pile of packages that showed up last week.  This time, it wasn't a cash transaction, but a big trade with Bo of Baseball Cards Come to Life.  This is what I got for a bunch of vintage.

 

We initiated contact over the copyright line variations from 1990 Upper Deck.  He had two of the three I still needed that have the line below the MLB and Players Association logos.  (Still need a Bo Jackson).  The first add-on was one from my quickly diminishing list of 2006 Heritage.


He continued the assault with some 2011 Heritage including Freddie's RC and some other decent names.  And hit a handful of 1995 Collector's Choice Update, a set I had to look twice at my list to confirm I was still working on it.  I like the CC sets, but they kinda all blend together after a while, especially since I didn't do them in order or the same way twice.  It's a little funny to see Fernando doing the Steve Garvey thing keeping it in Cali....


More set killing help with a stash of 1995 Topps.  I think I've seen that shot of Gutierrez somewhere else, haven't I?  Maybe it was just these.

One more off the 1994 OPC and '54 Archives set as well. Plus another one for the Space binder from America Pie.


Some oddballs for the player binders too.  A couple sticker backs, which I don't normally seek out myself, but will gladly take in trade.  A second Palmer playoff highlight from '71.  Coke Sutter completes my player guys for that line.  Nice DK Torre from 2005, and a regular Pinnacle Royce Clayton which I must have put in my set first since I built it a while ago.  Hopefully not a dupe from sloppy listkeeping.


Some more PC guys as "fillbacks" to my '77 set since I originally didn't get second copies when I built it back in the early 80's.  The Norman and Harper are better examples than the ones in my binder, so they'll switch out.


And finally, a bonus relic from A&G as an accessory to my virtual collection of custom Lady Sportscaster cards.  Maybe Cynthia Frelund will be in 2019 A&G...

Thanks Bo for making this trade come to life!  (He probably never hears that.)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like them! Thanks again for the trade!

    ReplyDelete