Friday, August 26, 2005

Cognitive Byproducts ~ Part Five

A continuing series of random thoughts, questions, and musings accumulated over time.
  • Another addition to my Top 10 Death Wish Motorists made himself known a couple weeks ago. Guy in a silver Pontiac comes zooming up behind me in the merge lane where two highways come together. I was behind a big tanker truck. (Not sure what he was hauling, but was hoping it wasn't flammable.) There was no one behind me. Anyway, Mr. Grand Prik goes by me at warp 9 and ends up between the back of the truck and the guardrail just as the lane runs out. He slams on the brakes and got in front of me (since I was feeling charitable and decided he could live today). Then he got around me and went flying up the road like nothing had happened...
  • Is it just me or are people driving even faster since gas prices went above sanity levels? I could swear the number of SUV's traveling 90 or better while blocking out the sun has increased dramatically on the highway on which I commute.
  • Best wishes to TK in NYC, and especially to SW who's been on an unexpected vacation at Washington Hospital Center. See you both soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment