Saturday, August 21, 2021

Numerous Notes

I'm still not really in the swing of things as far as posting regularly, but in an effort to move that along, here are some quick things I wanted to throw out to you.


Thanks to a couple good samaritans who helped me get the old Buick back home today after it broke down in the middle of a three lane road in the busiest part of town.  The ol' girl was about out of gas when I left for a show this morning, and has been hard to start the last few times.  I got her going and made it to the gas station OK, but after filling up, she quit on me and it took about 20 minutes of holding the hood up and cranking on it to get out of the road.  Then she quit again when I got just around the corner going the other way.  A couple gents helped me push her all the way out of the traffic lane, and another guy named Leroy stopped twice - the second time to bring starter fluid and we got her going again.  I made it home OK after that.  I think there must have been sediment in the bottom of the gas tank that got drawn up into the engine when it was low, and then got stirred up when I filled up.  Who knows...


I thought about posting my J.R. Richard player collection after he passed a while back, but never did.  I'll look to see how many oddballs I have of him.  Let me know if that's something you'd like to see.


I bought two boxes of 2021 Allen & Ginter and need to trade for about half the base set and bunches of inserts.  I have player minis and a couple hits and inserts available.  I know Nachos Grande has a lot of trade fodder.  Anyone else?  I got a Yadier box topper and an Arenado N43.  (Cardinals hot toppers!).   I also got a Rip card and figured out a special technique for opening them that I will post right after this.

Got a PWE from Jon at Penny Sleeve blog.  Thanks for the sharp '57s!  I do actually prefer centering to corners, but it was great getting them anyway - much appreciated!


6 comments:

  1. -Love old Buick's as much as old cards....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few 2020 A & G, but no 2021.

    Yes on centering over corners.

    Yes on some J.R. oddballs.

    Good luck with the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. Love the Buick! She's gorgeous.

    B. Sure hope you can figure out the issue so you can get her back out on the road again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, if you assimilated the Buick, you'd already know what the issue is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I guess I did okay with 2 out of the 4 then. I guess that's better then going 0-4.

    ReplyDelete