Monday, August 07, 2023

Post-National Pause

I'm on my customary self-imposed hiatus from trading, buying, sorting, and putting away cards after spending a week in Michigan hitting shops, shows, antique malls, and flea markets then journeying to Chicago for three days at the National.  Hopefully, I'll come up with some semblance of structure to show off a lot of what I brought home and mention a few of the dealers and places I saw along the way.  For the moment, I just need to decompress and get past some house and car issues and get back to having fun with cardboard again.  I had a good time, but it's total immersion and I get a little burnt out.

Oofda....only one post in July.    One.    Sheesh.   I thought I had a few decent ideas for writing, but was so caught up in Database trades that they never came about.  Will really try to do more in August.  Though you've heard that before....  Again, I haven't lost the excitement, it's just that writing about it doesn't come as easy any more.

Anyway, here's a little tease from my loot....

Just a sampling...

7 comments:

  1. I have not seen a theismann card in awhile, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forrest looks happy to be next to Jessica! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theisman never played for the Commanders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit jarring to see that.

      Delete
  4. Glad you made it to the natl; I had a last minute conflict and missed out, unfortunately.....but looking forward to Cleveland 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the recaps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Biel is cool. I'm in the middle of watching The Sinner which I'm pretty sure she either produced or directed.

    ReplyDelete