Friday, December 22, 2023

Additional Atypical Arrivals

Yep, more incoming cards.  Because this is all I do now.

I'm pretty sure this was one day's mail, and it's TCDB traders, plus my best trader buddy Stuart's latest contributions.

 
Starting on the left, two bonus packs of this year's Topps Big League.  All of which I put on my available list on the Database.  A couple Carlton Fisks and some other 70's player collection oddballs that I'll show better in a moment.  And a '75 mini upgrade for my completed set. All those came from Stuart.  The Upper Deck Updates are a TCDB trade that I didn't mark as received until the next week.  Oops.

Most of the rest is other Database trades, except for the UD XL & Fleer Team Action football from Stuart in the loose stack.  The Fisk Archives and the Priest Holmes parallels are player collection hits.  The rest is set hits except for Bruce Smith and Lavar Arrington, who go to my Washington football horde. Those GameDays are mostly inserts from '93.  The Gus Johnson was apparently still on my wantlist from when I picked it out from another trader who really didn't have anything I could use.  

Here are all of the Burger Chef Discs. 

And the backs....

Full view of the Golden Age Fisk box topper.

And the Fleer football.  I just love these sets.

And that small silvery bundle in the first picture is actually holograms from the Brockum Rock Cards from 1991.

Here's what they all look like.  Completed my set.  🎸

Thanks again to Stuart (he always likes to be mentioned on here) and the TCDB traders.

5 comments:

  1. I love the image on the punt block card. The huddle is cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backs on those discs are great. I've got one of the Brockum holograms, and have thought about trying to complete the set, but I just keep seeing scratched up copies being sold online -- which is what I don't want. Looks like Stuart found you some really nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burger Chefs! ... Completely blocked out Bruce Smith playing for the Redskins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Burger Chef backs are awesome! As for the 1991 Brockum Rock Cards... I inherited a bunch of singles from that set years ago. There were a bunch of art stickers in the collection, but none of those holograms. Guess I need to try and track them down.

    ReplyDelete