Thursday, March 03, 2016

I actually completed a Heritage set!

Only took eight years, but I just got the last card I needed to complete my 2008 Topps Heritage set.  I now have all the base cards, including the high series, all the short prints, all the black back parallels, and all the inserts.  (Chrome parallels not included ~ I've always thought they're kinda silly).

At one point, I had a trade started for this one, but I found that I didn't have enough worthy return fire.  I found it last week on SportLots for a BUCK.  I pounced on it and added the requisite $39 more stuff from the same seller to fill out the order.  Everything arrived within a week.  So I finally could check this one off:

I think I kept calling it a New Age Performers, instead of Rookie Performers on my lists.  Seems like this was the rarest of these inserts, which include Kershaw, Scherzer, and Evan Longoria.

I'm just glad to have finally killed one of these sets.  Now just 2007, 2009, and 2014 to go....and that's only the base sets!

1 comment:

  1. Still working on 2008. I recently took a renewed interest in finally completing it -- which means reminding myself which cards I still need.

    ReplyDelete