Thursday, September 08, 2016

2016 National Convention Loot - Epilogue

Expectations for this year's show were lower than average, but I thought it was just as good a show as the others I've been to (2009 thru 2014).

This was the first time that I "flew solo" and only really bought for myself.  Most years I figure to meet a couple guys from the trading groups I deal on, but nobody approached me.  I was also on the lookout for any of the (real) bloggers, but I didn't recognize anyone til after I read some of their posts. Then I thought I may have seen a couple of them.

Ah well, it's like I say, there's no such thing as a bad day at a card show.  Especially one this big.

Here's what I initially pulled from my four A&G boxes.  Not sure I'd score real high on Gint-A-Cuffs.

The Brooklyn mini is Anthony Rendon of the Nats.  Going for the rainbow on that one.

The printing plate is VMart.  I'll trade it for another printing plate of either the Orioles or Nationals. The King Felix mini, Wil Myers, Crawford, and Sklar relics are available for trade, as is the Peraza auto.  His was the last base card I needed for the set.  Yes, believe it or not, I didn't get a full set from FOUR boxes of the stuff.  That's why I hate picking from a pile of loose boxes because you lose the collation of a fresh opened case.  I basically got the same batch of base cards three times, and then the fourth box was different.  I've already traded a starter set and some of the relics for what I need.  Luckily, the inserts were different across all the boxes, so I only had a couple dupes. That's what I really hate the most is getting the same set of inserts from two boxes in a row.  It happens to me when I buy two boxes of flagship about half the time.  I switched vendors and it seems to have improved.

Here are the box toppers and the bulk base.

 


Also still have about half the regular minis available too.  Those are my major source of trade bait for A&G whenever I do it.  Sorry, box toppers aren't for trade.  Going for all of them.

Next time - my card room.  Another relevant post about two weeks past its relevancy....

No comments:

Post a Comment