Monday, August 21, 2017

1960 Topps By Request

Got a few different comments about the 1960 Topps Willie Mays and company that I felt compelled to feature in another post.  Your wish is my command....

Except for Skowron, I picked these up from a dealer that I had finished my '59 set with at a previous National.  I'm horrible at saving business cards or receipts with the right cards, so I can't name them offhand.  Like Uncle Dick's, they have will often have more than one specimen of a card in the binder at different prices to fit your condition needs and budget.  You can see the prices on these were excellent.  Ol' Willie is slightly crooked and has a print streak, but not much else is wrong with it.  The rest are decent names for the time for only a couple bucks more than commons.

Rounding out the '60s, some upgrades, high numbers and a couple of the All-Stars.


Down to 21 cards for the set.  Big names and All-Stars for the most part.  Gotta get a hold of my man Marv to see what he's got left....

3 comments:

  1. I bought that Newcombe at a card show earlier this year. I paid less than you did, but yours appears to be in significantly better condition than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making Willie easier to see. That card is in such great shape! And I know the National is big and all, but I'm still amazed that you were able to get all of these at a single show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 60T design. Ranked it as my 6th favorite Topps base card design of all-time. I don't think I'll ever have the patience of the finances to build this set... but I'll be pulling for you to complete yours.

    ReplyDelete