Saturday, September 18, 2021

New Numerous Notes

Another "notes" post to update you about miscellaneous things I've been doing.  Ideally, this would come in between real posts about deep subjects involving cards or sports, but except for mocking the current downturn in the (greatly inflated) card market, which really only involves high dollar graded cards anyway, I've really not had much to post about.  

Aw, your Gem Mint 10 Ohtani rookie isn't still worth
6000% of what it lists as a raw card any more?

I did get some mailings from Night Owl and a few others, but a while back a lot of people said that "Look what I got" posts were boring.  One Trading Bases member just destroyed my 2021 A&G wants with a huge stack of base, inserts, and short prints.  He was celebrating a cancer-free health report from his doctor apparently.  I still have minis and other things to trade from A&G.  


I'm also awaiting the other four parts of a five seller order from SportLots.  It was shipped yesterday.  I originally went on there to knock out the last few cards from some of the most recent sets that I had narrowed down at the National, but ended up with more from several years ago that really didn't clear many set entries from my lists at all.

Not my dog or house

Aside from all that, I'm immersed in my YouTube addiction (music, cars, dogs, cards, etc.) and the NFL season.  I thought I did OK in my fantasy draft - got all the guys I wanted.  I stayed away from anyone I had last year, with a couple exceptions.  Now those are the only guys that are scoring high.  Oh well, it's early yet.  And of course, my Washington team had to go to Plan B after the first game.  I like Taylor Heinicke and I hope he can stay healthy and keep us as competitive as he showed against the champs last year.

On the brighter side, the old Buick is back in action.  I cleaned out the filter at the carburetor and it started and ran much better.  Took it to a show at an airport museum about half an hour away last week.  Have another one Sunday here in town.  Last week's show had most of the parking lot filled with classic cars, plus the museum's collection of vintage (mostly Fairchild - the building was the old Fairchild assembly plant) aircraft.  Also around were fire trucks of varying ages, military vehicles, and a few motorcycles.  For $150 donation, you could take a 30 minute ride in one of a few different vintage airplanes.  No thanks, but it was nice to see aircraft and things again.







My latest musical obsession.  Nightwish performing Ghost Love Score at Wacken Open Air 2013.  Floor Jansen is one of the most incredible vocalists on the planet.  Around the 8:00 mark, she takes it to another level.  Gives me chills every time.


 





7 comments:

  1. lol, I went on a Floor/Nightwish/GhostLoveScore binge around May of last year. Great stuff. I go back to that video every once in a while still.

    "Look what I got posts" are only boring for boring people or people who make them boring ... or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the car show pictures. We had a car show/air show combo in my home town but it only ran from 2012-18, I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Washington can finish 2nd in the division.

    Ohtani's Bowman RC should be worth much more than it is.

    Cool cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Props for the Nightwish callout. Was all set to see them in Lowell next month, but alas, pushed back until next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the Buick is on the road again. Although I'm rooting for Ohtani, I'd love to see his card values continue to stabilize. Gotta replace those PSA 10 rookies I sold a few months ago ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. YT is the enemy of production, but can also be a lifesaver when one is too tired to produce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog, your posts. "Look what I got" posts are fine by me. Nice car and plane pics!

    ReplyDelete