Friday, November 05, 2021

The Old Fogies We Like

Hi guys, sorry it's been a while again.  Missed the whole month of October.  Been at more car shows than card shows, but actually have been to one of those too.  I just didn't buy much of anything worth showing off.  I got bored again and placed another order of mostly football player collection parallel fill-ins from COMC, but it says they won't ship until just before Christmas.  I guess that's progress.

Anyway, I also was perusing eBay the other week and saw a cheap auction for 1990 Elite Senior League sets.  That is the one Senior League set that I didn't have all my player collection guys from.  I've never come across singles in the wild and didn't want to break up the set I had. 

Since it was even cheaper to get multiple sets instead of just one, I got three of them for like six bucks each.  They are all still wrapped.  When I pulled out the one I already had, it wasn't, so I broke that one up.  I put one of the new sets in my cabinet to replace mine.  So that leaves two more and the remaining singles from the first one.

The cards I have removed are:

4 DeJesus  8 Kemp  24 Kingman  39 LeFlore  47 Royster  50 Blue  58 McBride 
77 Blair  78 Campaneris  79 Cedeno  109 Bonds  112 Foster  119 Tiant 
121 Blue HFC  122 Bonds HFC  124 Foster HFC  126 Kingman HFC
(HFC = HoF Candidate)

The rest of the 126 card set are available.  Checklist is here.

So if you're in the market for singles from this set, hit me up.  I'll trade any amount for just about anything.  

The other two intact sets are also available as well - sale or trade.  And the box from the other one, with the Explorers magnet. 

9 comments:

  1. Never seen these before. Pretty cool. How's your car doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buick is good. Getting ready to winterize it. Found a good antique mechanic and he gave me some great information and tips.
      Going over today and try to get the Ford running again. It's been sitting outside for a good while.
      Put a couple car show posts together after I wrote this one, so stay tuned!

      Delete
    2. Nice. Look forward to reading them. I've been hit and miss in regards to reading blogs, but I'll definitely go through your list of posts if I end up missing them when they are originally published.

      Delete
  2. Someone gifted these to me a year or two ago and I made a post about it (Fuji, you commented on it!). So I'm all set!

    https://nightowlcards.blogspot.com/2020/10/a-new-contender-has-emerged.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. My memory sucks so bad.

      Delete
  3. I should've tracked one of these down a long time ago, and I'd be interested in one of the intact sets if any are still available! I should have a couple of your 2021 A&G needs for you, and let me know what else I can dig up to make it worth your while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! See what all you have. I'm not particular.

      Delete
  4. I'd also be interested in an intact set. I'm not sure if I have anything on your want-lists yet, but I'll check and I probably have something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I'll tag one for you

      Delete