Wednesday, April 05, 2023

And If The Show Wasn't Enough...

On the way home from the Ephrata, PA show last Saturday, I found I had just enough time to get back to Jason's Cards along Route 30.  Got there with about 15 minutes left in their business hours, but the owner and his employee were putting things away and let me dig for a little while longer.  

Snagged these two '78 Topps stars for my second set build.  He was having a sale, so these were even cheaper than the few dollar sticker price.  His $10 cards were $8, etc. 

The employee said they had just put these out.  They were all $3 each.  I started my set with a couple batches of $1 each commons, but that was pre-pandemic.  I'm now OK with the $3 price on '50s cards.  At least as long as they're in good condition like these.  Maybe a corner or a little surface crease here or there, but overall zero defects.  

A nice little boost to my set build before the big Chantilly show.  Stay tuned for that post, coming next.  I snagged a couple of the big fish for incredible prices.

4 comments:

  1. Really nice pickups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some solid names in the 57T commons box. My favorite is the Williams... but the Valo bat rack card is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there really that many more people actually collecting commons from the '57 set, or do dealers just want us to believe that there are?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic '57s! $3 is a bargain for clean copies of commons/semi-stars IMO. I've been paying $4-8 for '56 Topps commons in EX+ shape.

    ReplyDelete