Friday, October 13, 2023

2023 Ginter - Box 2: Judgement And Freedom

Box number two of three in my foray into 2023 Allen & Ginter.  Another decent outcome.  Let's jump in...

The Tawpa is Da Hawpa!

I really like these Only In... minis.  Hopefully they're not scarce at shows.

Another Filigree parallel.  No idea who this dude is.  I assure you the bottom edge of this card is in fact straight.

A nice box overall.  Two black minis this time.  And the majority of the inserts were different.  That's always a big deal.  Charm City Cards picks their boxes the right way out of the case.  I haven't had problems with the same stuff out of two boxes from them ever.

I see you spying the hits!  Pretty good names even though I had no clue about Olson until someone told me he led the majors in home runs.  (I just don't watch...)

The biggest name comes on the smallest card.  (Though I might say Pedro is more significant to me).


These mini relics are just classic this year.  If it didn't involve Ohtani, Trout, A-Rod (twice), Jeter, Ichiro, KG Jr., and a few others I'd never find under three digits, I might try for these. 

The Rip card face design is intricate enough that I missed the 16/99 serial number above "Keep It" until after I opened it.  Here's the initial stages of the edge cut.  I slipped a couple times and came through the front.  Still better than shredding the front or back face of the card.

Peek-a-boo!  Tip #2 ~ don't push the blade in so far that you hit the edge of the mini inside.  No damage done, but it was close.  The (slightly fuzzy) photo gives you an idea of the depth of the middle layers. 

And inside....?

 

Teddy Ballgame!

Nothing earth-shattering, but nicer than a lot of what I could have pulled.  Regular higher-than-high number exclusive.  An appropriate prize inside a Pedro card.

The Judge relic isn't going to last long enough to take offers here, and Olson is likely spoken for too.  I'll have all my player minis available and some extra inserts.

Last box will bring us full circle or my name is Mudd....

3 comments:

  1. Olson wins it. (Not a fan of minis.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been sweating over wether or not to rip the Pedro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still never pulled an A&G rip card (and of course I'd rip it!). Neat little Teddy Ballgame mini - I'd say that was worth the work.

    ReplyDelete