Monday, August 31, 2026

Sneaking One In

Well, I feel like a liar again.  Or at least a cheesy salesman.  And sales is the last thing I ever want to do.  I've gone another month without a single post, and I was hyping up how all my collecting functions would be taking off in August since I am no longer burdened with full time work.

  

The major causes of my absence were - I sold my previous residence (finally!) - settled on the 20th.  I ordered a backyard shed - 10x12 barn style with loft storage, two windows, and a 5' double door - which also lead to ordering another contractor to come build a base for it.  Also multiple doctor appointments (everything is fine - following up from last year and getting new glasses lenses.)  And I went three different places to cut down trees or weeds for people.

I did add another year or two to my football trade stock on TCDB.  That took a few days.

TCDB trading has resumed, and was very steady all month.  It has trailed off a bit, so I ran a report and initiated a couple large trades myself.  (Typically I have all I can handle in incoming propositions.)  I passed 625 trades in August, and still have about 10 going on right now.

The slew of recent trades replenished my recycled painter's tape stock...

I've managed to put away a lot of the football set singles I've gathered over the last year or so.  The baseball stacks (2) are still on the desk.  As are a lot of the new player collection additions.  


Here's the back part of my sorting desk.  (Angela has the front for two rows of stacks of her four football player guys.)  The blue section is my PC guys.  The main ones have a stack and the others with smaller quantities are in the piles by the discs.  The pink section is baseball sets - the middle pile is about six inches high (hard to tell from overhead).  The yellow is JD5's and Jordan Addisons and the few football I just got.  And the green is all extras/dupes.  Mostly recent Allen & Ginter and 2023 Heritage.

Today, I took a major step forward that should help trading and clearing space.  The red section above is where the four stacks of Washington football used to be.  They are now on the other desk in piles by year.


Still have to do the 90's, but here are all the 2000's.  The first five stacks (2000 - 2004) have been checked off in my binder, so they're ready to file.  The binder covers up to 2008, then I have to type the rest into a Word document.  As you can see, there are a lot more from the last few years.  2024 so much so that I had to split it into two piles.  But at least now I'll know what I have and what I don't and won't have to sift through half of this to figure out if I need a card in trade.  I don't put these on the Database, except what gets there automagically through trade.  It's easy enough to consult my lists to fill out trades as I go.  They just haven't been updated in a couple years.  And you can see I've been bringing in a lot despite this.

So anyway, at some point I have a SportLots order to show.  And I'm sure I've mentioned or commented elsewhere on other post ideas that I've since forgotten (again).  I'll try to gather a few of those and put them out in September.  I'm open to suggestion if you remember one that I have lost.  Maybe another poll?  Let me know in the comments.  Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

  1. they say you never really start working until you retire.....lol

    ReplyDelete