This box was the last unopened package from the basketball (storage) hoard. Everything else was already opened when I got it all, except for that hideous box of 1999 UD hoops. I figured there wasn't much of anything that could come out of it to make it worth selling, so I opened it and started the set myself.
They did that dumb thing that Topps likes to do - offer BONUS packs that are no different than the rest of the box. Just say 11 packs please. And it gets even dumber....
So when you actually open the box, there are eight packs stacked in pairs. Not ten ~ eight.
So when you pull them out, there is a cardboard cover that says your bonus pack is underneath.
Well, which one is the bonus pack? There are three of them. It does make 10+1=11. Dumb.
First card ripped - Robert Smith of the Vikings.
And the rest of the first pack. Deion, Shannon Sharpe, and the ever-present Tim Couch in this year's stuff. First insert - Heir Supply Kevin Faulk.
One of the later ones was a Vikings Hot Pack. Three in one shot. Randle was a total nut. Love that guy.
After all is said and done, I got two of the Heir Supply inserts. (I had a couple more of most of these in my extras, so got a little farther along on a lot of them.).
Some nice names on the Future Fantasy Teams. All these inserts are very shiny in real life, but the rainbow effect is enhanced by the photos.
Only one regular Fantasy Team. Mr. Smith.
These Pack Warriors are cool, and it's always nice to get Rice.
And don't you know, I got lucky enough to pull and autograph from the last pack or so. I'm pretty sure ol' Brock is doing better at announcing than he did as a starter. But very decent signature, and just cool to pull something of a hit at all.
Collation was pretty decent. I think the handful of dupes I ended up with were all from my previous stock. Had two extra Deions, but nothing else excessive. Even had a double of at least one insert. Let me know if you have any for trade.
I have yet to put this list on my wants page, but they are in the TCDB (under LoQtus). Thanks for tuning in!














Collectors Edge put out some nice looking cards.
ReplyDelete👍
ReplyDelete