Friday, July 24, 2020

I've Got A Warrant For Your ... Autograph

Just picked up this 2008 UD Spectrum Of Stars autograph of Jani Lane, the late lead singer for Warrant.  Such a great voice.  And yet another one of those talented artists who took himself away far too soon.


The band's default song is "Cherry Pie", but that one is not representative of their depth at all.  I think that's one of the things that drove Jani over the edge was that a shallow song like that would be his legacy in music.

Check out some of their better tracks...


Always like the ballads... (between song comments NSFW)


Not all the good ones were slow, though...


They're one of those bands that you forget how many good songs they did.


Unfortunately, the pop fluff song is what he felt like he would be remembered for.


RIP Jani Lane.

4 comments:

  1. Cool pickup. "Down Boys" is my favorite song of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "Heaven" is a better song. But "Cherry Pie" had the hotty in the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on landing this autograph. Sad to hear that Mr. Lane passed away. I never got into Warrant, but I remember hearing Heaven back in high school. Today was the first time listening to it in years, but it sure took me back in time. Good song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and I'm a big Warrant fan. I Saw Red, Uncle Tom's Cabin, and Heaven are my Faves. Cherry Pie, Sometimes She Cries and Machine Gun are right there too. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete