Monday, July 20, 2020

The Wisdom And The Beauty

Been busy pulling and shipping a couple big lots to readers of the Dispersing The Hoard posts.  Which is the main reason why I got through another three day weekend without writing any posts.  So here's one of those trade posts that allegedly no one really likes to read, but I just enjoy seeing the cards I send on the screen, and it's a neat way to acknowledge the trade. 

This one comes in a surprise packet from the blogger king, Night Owl.  (Not even gonna link - if you're reading this, you already know where to go.)


Started off with some hits to my 2012 Allen & Ginter build, including the lovely Mrs. Verlander.  A&G hottie shots are always so conservative.  The short 'do and the side facing pose.  Guess they gotta keep it PG.  Still nice, though.


A couple sketchy portrayals of Maris & Robinson...


Matty & Ian...


and Roger, Kirk, and Coach Knight.


Yet another completely original concept from the team behind A&G.  These should make for good reading when I get all 100 of them.


Figures N.O would have extras of this one.  Seaver is looking too cool for school...


Great sunset shot of Muncy.  Blends with the wood grain background and the tinted Big League logo to make it almost look like a parallel.


With all the modern cards in this package, this one was at the end, and I thought it might be a reprint.  It's the most pristine '68 I think I've ever seen.  This is my new PC copy, and the original one will go in the set.

The note that was with everything is nothing short of the Gospel according to Night Owl:


Amen brother, and thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Of course, Fregosi is mostly known for managing the 1993 Phillies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely.

      Certainly he wasn't involved in any trades worth mentioning. No sir.

      Delete
  2. Every time I see that Kate Upton card, I think it's Jennie Garth for some reason. Whatever. They're both hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's throw a little water on Fuj! lol! Personally, I thought the Maris was Machado, little Yankee-wanna-be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little disappointed that Kate didn't appear in the thumbnail on my blog roll. But then I remembered, she's sitting in my A&G binder safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was hoping for that too, but don't know why it didn't. Would boost readership for sure

      Delete