Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Beef, Beverages, Bologna, and Bargain Ball Cards

Picked up a $5 repack last Thursday night at a grocery store that I never go to.  Either a jersey or autograph was guaranteed in every pack.  I found a pack showing an insert that was on my want lists, and the rest didn't seem like it was all 1990 Pro Set.  So I said "Why not? I haven't opened anything since A&G."  Turns out it was a decent mix, but not real spectacular.  Though spoiler alert: I pulled a double auto!  
 

Never actually heard of this company before...

 
Here are the bulk of the contents in no particular order (since Blogger throws a group of images loaded at the same time in random order and it was such a pain to get pairs of images beside each other that I think I've done permanent damage to my vocal chords yelling at the screen when backspacing stopped working for no reason and the cursor jumps halfway down the page for no reason and.....never mind, just F&#* You HTML.)
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     

 

       

Hey, whaddya know?  Priest Holmes!   Didn't need it though...

 
'85 Topps are just awkward.  I default to this way since that's how the photos are laid out.  But the backs are vertical and the names are on the wrong end...


This is the insert that was on the front.  Wasn't worth five bucks, but that's all I'm getting out of this pack.  Because....


USA Football??  These guys (weren't) old enough to sign their own contracts probably.  It's definitely up for trade (cheap!) if anyone is inclined.  So is the rest of the pack actually.  These will join the hundreds like them in my football hoard.

2 comments:

  1. That 'hit' is disappointing for sure, and it's a bummer you pulled a Priest Holmes that you already had.

    I have a love/hate relationship with '85 Topps; I went back and read your post about card orientation-that always bothered me too.

    Also, "never mind, just F&#* You HTML." -- yes I can totally relate to this, especially when I write longer posts. I fight that damn HTML every time. Sometimes I even audibly swear at Blogger, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've literally lost my voice yelling at the stupid behavior of Blogger and Microsoft Word when writing posts or lists, etc. I don't yell at people, but I get mad when simple stuff goes to chaos.

    ReplyDelete