Sunday, September 10, 2023

Vintage NFL (New Football Loot)

Since it's the first weekend of the NFL season, it's the perfect time to show the vintage football I got on vacation.

It's not a whole lot, but there are some cool cards.

Finished my '71 Topps Game with these four.  Sorry about the glare on Bradshaw.  Most of these were found at the National.

Some big names in the '68 Topps set.  I should have shopped around for most of these, I ended up finding better centered copies for a lower price not long after I snagged these.  

Have really been shopping more carefully for the last few '57s.  Glad to find these nice ones for a good price.  Of course, that Brown guy is gonna be a bitch to find cheap...  (Again with the glare.  it's just not possible to take pictures of cards in holders in this house.)

These aren't really vintage at 1988, but they're throwbacks nonetheless.  

And neither is this one (1999 Fleer), but it depicts a cover from the 1970's.  

And finally, I got this one at half the sticker price, along with a bunch of vintage baseball I'll show later.  How many of you know what this is?  It's a 1972 Topps high number.  There were a couple more in the same box I pulled this one from, but they were either a lot more or a lot lower condition.  It was the first time I've seen one in real life.  They aren't all All-Pros, but the first 23 are.  I don't have any illusions on getting the rest of them, but it was nice to add at least one to my set.

Hope your team does well this season - real and fantasy. 

6 comments:

  1. Fran Tarkenton at Yankee Stadium is the winner here.

    Topps really cut the presses short on both the baseball and football high numbers in '72, didn't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olympic gold medalist Bob Hayes wins it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Ringo is really cool. My father's memory is fading... but a few weeks ago he mentioned a few of those 60's Packers... and Ringo was one of them.

    Had no idea Fleer put out football stickers in 1988. I gotta track down the Packers and Seahawks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those '72 high number football cards and buy them when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The '68 Tarkenton is my favorite here, but old Forrest Blue ain't too shabby either. I love the design on the '72 high numbers, they're so different from the rest of the set.

    P.S. Congratulations on completing on your Game set!

    ReplyDelete