Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Heart Of Baltimore...


I don't have a lot to say about the passing of Baltimore Orioles legend Brooks Robinson that isn't going to be said in all the tributes

As I've mentioned before, this autographed photo was obtained at a signing at a sponsor gas station in my home town.


These are the Brooks cards I have in my star binder.  It's an assortment of HOF'ers and other name players that I don't keep with the sets.  There's really no rhyme or reason on which ones go in there or which ones go in the set binder...


The Marquee and the Triple Threads are ones I had sitting around that didn't have a home otherwise.  Thick cards like that aren't the best in sheets...


Shucks, I meant to straighten these scans out before I posted.  Oh well.  The certificate goes with the Front Row set...

Like I said, I have other Brooks cards in their sets - '59, '64, even '68 (no idea why since the combo is here), '72, '77.  But you'll see those on other blogs, etc. too.

The guy was an amazing player with an incredible range on the field, but his heart was much bigger than that. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice collection of Robinson cards... especially the vintage stuff. I really like the photo used on the 73T card... and the Bird Belters card is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first page sure is something!

    ReplyDelete