Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Canadian Mailday 1 (of 2)

I stacked up a big cartload on SportLots last week from two sellers, both hailing from north of the border in Canada.  The first of two shipments arrived from Guzman57 early last week, which is quick considering the state of Canadian post service these days.

I went in looking for oddballs for my baseball player collections.  A couple of them were coaches and minor league managers for the Blue Jays.


Not sure who Syracuse is affiliated with, but Bailor has quite a few minor league cards.  The Speier in front is a welcome single from the Stuart Bakery set that I picked up a while ago but didn't want to break up.  The Zellers on top is a cool three panel foldout.  I got two of the Nabisco Bailor in the middle, but they are cool looking, so I may go after the rest of them myself.  The last three are TCMAs - two Astros and a Padre.

The other sort of oddballs that are associated with Canada are of course O-Pee-Chees.  Rounded out a good many of those between both sellers, especially the 1980s.


Normal on the front, but bilingual on the back!


Also got some later ones too for the Modern guys....


This seller also had some nice bonus ones I've been looking for.  Senior League singles that I didn't get enough of to cover my PC's.  Got 'em all now!


And then just filled in with some of the other cheap singles from the regular sets.  The Bionic Bo is from Fun Pack.


Of course, the one thing you know Canadian sellers will have is hockey:


Filled in some set singles for Score and the latest OPC inserts, plus a bonus almost-set of McDonald's inserts from 2003.  I have most of the base sets and checklists for all the various McDonald's issues, but not many of the other inserts.  I should put them on my hockey page.  It's one of those things that I keep a printed list, but since the inserts are so hard to come by, I haven't felt it necessary to add them to my site.  They'd be "need all" kind of listings, so that's annoying.

Got about 20 different Sergei Fedorov cards that I've already checked off my printed list and put in the binder, so the only one left for pictures is this Humpty Dumpty that goes in the set.


Last but not least, I picked up a fair stack of the guy that's gonna take the Cup this year, Braden Holtby.  I've started a pseudo-collection of him, but it's probably just going to be the part of my casual Capitals collection I concentrate on the most.  Glad to get the Hershey one and the Team Canada ones cheap. 


No comments:

Post a Comment