Friday, June 15, 2018

This Day In Baseball History

1996    

In the first inning of their 6-2 victory over the Braves, the Dodgers turn their first triple play in forty-seven years.

After making a running, back-to-the-plate grab of Chipper Jones's popup to short left with runners on first and second,


Juan Castro throws



...to second baseman Delino Deshields


to double up Marquis Grissom,


then the ball is relayed to first baseman Eric Karros


to get Mark Lemke, who was also running on the pitch.


I don't own any of these cards myself except Chipper and Grissom.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    ZZZZZZZ.....Oh I must have dozed off reading about a triple play when I thought I was reading about a seven degrees of Ty Cobb post. Bring back those types of stories or another installment of the ladies of the broadcast networks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't like it, don't read it.

    Ya wanna do better, write your own.

    ReplyDelete