Friday, August 03, 2018

MD, DC, PA Shop Tour Part 3

Found a new (to me) shop near me in New Oxford, PA.  Sports Memorabilia 2K is operated by Derrick and is right along Route 30 next to the Black Shutter Antique shop.  He does a lot with box breaks and high end hits, but we came away with some nice cards from a lot of different eras.


Found a couple Redskins hits, Fleer Team Action and ProLines for sets.  He had some junk wax football under the table, including a box full of my favorite Pro Set.  Should have just taken the whole box, but I picked out singles to complete my 1991 set.

Then things ramped up a bit.


Killed one Cal Ripken set with the award presentation card, and picked up another different set from Fleer for a few bucks.  The Lajoie is an '87 Hygrade insert.  The '71 football and the two Score inserts were from the $1/$2 box, as was the Fisk mini.  He had some jerseys and autos for nice prices, so I got two Darrell Green swatches (he doesn't have many hit cards), and a Tiant auto from last year's Archives I didn't have.  The Priest Holmes autos were half off...of two bucks each.  So ironically, the Score inserts were actually more than the autographs.

The last item was intriguing.  From the back, they look like regular 1982 baseball....


But the fronts are sorta like the printing sequence presented in steps.


Not sure if these are just print scraps or proof sheets of some kind, but either way they are a unique addition to my DeCinces player collection.

I'll definitely be visiting SM2K again in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Cool addition to the DeCinces PC. I wonder how these were distributed. Maybe a Topps Vault item?

    ReplyDelete