Thursday, October 25, 2018

Back From SubSpace

The Blogging Dog Days continue.

I've been away since Friday night on a fishing trip to my buddy's place at the Delaware shore.  Then came home and have been fighting the hacking sniffles since.  And I can't say there have been a lot of posts waiting to be freed in the meantime either.

Anyway, the good part about going away is coming home to a full mailbox.  I had a few different packages, including two from blogger trades.  Bru from Remember The Astrodome, and Trevor from Bump And Run Blog each sent me return fire from previous contributions.

Unfortunately, in my enthusiasm to cross them off my want lists, I combined the stacks into my other show and trade loot, so I'm not positive about a few cards' sources.  So I'll present them together roughly by sport and set.


Now don't be alarmed.  These aren't the originals.


They're from the 1987 Hygrade All Time Greats set.  The regular cards are green bordered and unnumbered.  These are mini size inserts.  Each has four different backs.


A couple nice '64s for the set effort.


One random 1995 Topps to restore my set to unstuck condition.


Mike Mussina postseason subset Upper Deck for his player collection.



Some other miscellaneous Orioles, because I like them, even though they were unwatchable this year.  Most of these are things I wouldn't get for myself, especially Bowman.  The GQ mini is whole, it's just my old scanner can't see the very bottom of the platen, or whatever that's called.


One nice looking Hank for an older Ginter set.


A lingering insert from last year.  There are several more of these still on the want list.


Short prints and inserts to my '18 Ginters.   Say "Ginter Inserts" five times fast....


And more mini action from that same set.


And for laughs, a nice smattering of '91 Fleers knocked off the quest.


Then to football.  Haven't had any new Priests in a long time.  A welcome addition.



And various Redskins, mostly from the last year or two.  Though that Collector's Edge is SO nineties.

Double the thanks gentlemen, sorry I lumped you together, but it all shows nicely.


1 comment:

  1. I've totally lumped a care package with other stacks of cards in the past. Just another reason I need to stay on top of my collection and not let stacks pile up on my desk.

    ReplyDelete