Monday, August 26, 2019

At What Point Is It Gluttony?

So you've seen at least part of the spoils of my sports card shopping vacation.  All that cardboard waiting to be sorted into the collection, but not until I finish the last stages of my volume inventory.  I just want to know the relative numbers of what I have.

Well tonight, I may not quite have thrown a wrench in that machine, but it is going to be a little harder to walk around in the card room.  I met a guy who has a basement full of sports stuff - mostly high end autographed items, and a whole storage space full of cards.  He said he is trying to reduce the volume of stuff he has so he can move out of the house.  I figured I like team and starter set trades, and could take some of the bulk singles off his hands.


I ended up with fifteen 5000 count boxes.

One is hockey, six are baseball, and the rest are football.  Mostly leftovers from box breaks, or random samplings, starter sets, and everything else.  Some products are whole rows, some are handfuls.

I'll be posting about certain batches as we go along.  I'll be interested in bulk team trades and some starter sets, or want list filling.

Stay Tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds amazing! Can't wait to see what you come across in the baseball boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a lot. Rivals the hockey section of what I recently picked up. I'm planning to box it up tonight and get it ready for selling. I picked out some Capitals for you but if you have any other Caps needs let me know today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's a lot of cards. Have fun! I remember buying collections like that on Craigslist when I returned to the hobby in 2008. Definitely got my moneys worth in sheer entertainment. But it didn't take long for me to run out of space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. (I didn't want to start off the comment with "Wow", but I couldn't break the streak.)

    You've got quite the project, and it'll be fun to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. If they are all filled that's about 6 times the size of my whole collection.

    ReplyDelete