Friday, August 16, 2019

Third Stop On The Six State Tour

The day before we left for Chicago and the National Sports Collector's Convention, we went by All-Star Cards in Lansing.  Owner Nate knows Stuart well, though he doesn't necessarily consider that a good thing.


"Nate's" has a large dime and quarter box section, which is what we primarily dug into.  Found some interesting singles.


Starting in the football section, most of these are Redskins that didn't look familiar.  On a few of them, I actually did look them up in my extensive catalog that I track my 'Skins (from 1948 to 2008 anyway.)  Usually it's too cumbersome to do so, but wasn't so bad since they only showed up once in a while.
The Tarkenton in the top left corner is the first of the football version of the Hygrade set.  More on those later.  The blue bordered rookie Jag is the first one from the 34 that end the otherwise burgundy bordered set.  He was cheap even though numbered out of 1500, so I picked him up.  He may languish alone for a while since I don't care about rookies that much in sets like this.


On the baseball side, much more variety.  A few Bo's, including two Broders and a Hometown Heroes.  A regional Lou Piniella I hope I don't have.  Some miscellaneous singles for various sets.  I snagged the 2019 A&G Tatis just in case I don't pull him later when I get boxes.  (Sneak preview ~ it's an extra!)  A couple off the Baseball Immortals set.  Some bonus '94 Pacific end-of-the-set cards that a lot of people need instead of the 3000 count box of singles I have.  A few for the space binder including a pair of UD Anniversaries.  The JuanGonz Ted Williams kills that insert set, as does the Collector's Choice Crash the Game silver.
The MusiCards are from two packs that I dug out of a bin of 25¢ packs of miscellaneous non sports.  They are the coveted Series 2 packs, but didn't yield many actual Series 2 cards.  Always nice to get Sheena Easton (again), and I might have needed one of the Randy Rhoades.


Special bonus on the first Bo card ~ it's a high number short print.  Doesn't help my set build though.  This one's going to the Bo player collection.  Need another for the set.

Next time - On To The National!

2 comments:

  1. I'd probably go to my LCS a few times a year if they started having dime boxes. Congratulations on finding the Bo Jackson SP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to go to the shop the next time I am in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete