Saturday, May 16, 2020

2020 Topps Opening Day Relic Custom

Having a tough time coming up with post ideas.  I spent a whole evening doing an analysis of my want lists.  Broke them down into Flagship, Heritage, A&G and sets that needed base only, base & inserts, inserts & shortprints, etc.  Had my whole baseball wants page listed out and counted.  And then I realized there was no real significant point to any of it.  Didn't delete it, but I won't use it either.

So I managed to come up with this in the last couple days.  Stayed up way too late and should have gone downstairs for a snack about an hour in.  Instead, I killed three hours last night and went to bed exhausted.  I've been tired lately, and have only been sitting at this desk doing phone support all week except yesterday when I made my regular Friday visit to our shop to actually fix machines.

Anyhow, here's a more realistic Opening Day relic than those that have already been released in the real world...


Let's hope this all ends in time to even play at all, and for someone to be able to watch in person. 

In the meantime, be safe and be well. 

And to the protestors who are whining about being bored so the states should open everything right away - go to one of the major cities and help them move the bodies...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, really nice work on the digital relic.
    As a true collector, I enjoy acquiring cards I can relate to or have made an impression on my life. A card like this is not player or team specific, but all of us have been affected in some manner by this pandemic. Honestly, if that was a legit card I think it would be one of the more coveted relic cards in recent memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the custom. We sure are in the midst of crazy times. I wish I could say I was optimistic about a quick return to normality... but I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent custom idea, well executed! I'm one who believes a second wave is coming, perhaps larger than the first. Hope I am wrong. Summer is nearly upon us. Masks are hot. I don't see folks distancing or wearing them as we move forward. Take it easy, Greg! Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When baseball does resume, face masks are sure to be promotional give-aways!

    ReplyDelete