Friday, March 18, 2022

Football For Trade: List 4

Now at the end of the 2000's in the football trade hoard, 2008 and beyond.

Again, these are just the big batches.  No huge stars, mojo hits, or iconic rookies. Mostly base commons and some veteran stars.  Though you may see some decent inserts where listed.

Pictures aren't necessarily one of the exact cards in the lots.  Just showing what they look like.  Counts are estimates - measured by size of stack. These stacks are gonna get relatively larger now.

2008 Score - 650 cards + 250 inserts & parallels (glossies)

This is one of my favorite football sets.  I bought several boxes on my own when it was new, and got a whole row's worth in a monster box among the hoard.  Almost done a second (tradeable) base set, and still have a ton.  The glossy parallels are subtle - have to see them next to regular base to tell for sure. 

2008 Leaf Certified Materials - 250 cards


The next year, this was called Donruss Certified.  These are foilboard, so they don't scan well.

2008 Press Pass - 500 cards

The guy I got the hoard from had a lot of the rookie-centric products like this. 

2008 SPx - 100 base and 50 s/n RCs

The base set is die cut.  The rookies probably repeat a bit.

2008 Topps - 300 cards


2008 Topps Chrome - <300 cards



Almost as much as the regular base but only half the set size.  I should see how close to a set I can make....

2008 Topps Finest - 75 cards 


This is what's left after I started a set.  Rookies are all numbered /699 if there are any. I always call it "Topps Finest" even though it's usually listed as just Finest.

2008 Upper Deck Heroes - 175 cards


2008 Upper Deck NFL Draft - 100 cards

 2009 Donruss Elite - 75 cards


2009 Gridiron Gear - 100 cards


2009 Prestige - 425 cards


2009 Score - 275 cards


2009 Topps - 100 cards


2009 Topps Magic - 150 cards


2009 Topps National Chicle - 100 cards

It's weird that they did these two throwback designs in the same year.

2009 UD Philadelphia - 200 cards

This is another one of my favorite products, though it will be on my want list for years because of all the mini inserts and short print action cards at the end.  And I'm skipping the Vietnam and Obama stuff in between.  I did just find a half dozen of the player minis that I had stuck in a star tradeables box before I decided to try for them.



1 comment:

  1. One of the online card dealers (DA, Blowout, or PGH) used to have 2008 Score cheap and I think it included 1,2, or 3 autographs per box... so I'd bought several boxes of that product too.

    ReplyDelete