Monday, December 12, 2022

Another Nice Ms. Andrews

Allen & Ginter typically features a variety of celebrities, sportscasters, musicians, athletes from other sports, and even objects to go along with the current and retired baseball players.  And several of their subjects are usually women, and deservedly so.  

Especially appreciated are the really attractive ones.  I usually designate a "Babe Of The Set" each year and sometimes will go after the minis and parallels.  Started that with Erin Andrews and Mrs. Verlander, Kate Upton.  They are so popular that I've not found too many and have only done a few others, including Paige Spiranac, who has some cards in other sets like Upper Deck Goodwin Champions that are even better shots than the usually conservative A&G.

This year's candidate is Malika Andrews.  She's the former sideline reporter for the NBA on ESPN who now hosts the NBA flagship show on the channel.  Her card is #258 in this year's set.

Not bad, but again, the conservative image.  She's got such a bright smile that this shot doesn't quite bring out with the impact it should. 

So I made some custom alternatives.

Now, my image editing program has been around as long as the WNBA, so I don't have the tools to match the painting-like images on Allen & Ginter cards, but I tried to mimic the faded backgrounds as well as I could. 

That's better, but the background was so bright that it looks like she's in a lava lamp.

This one's cute, and is really close to the actual card image.  Much better smile though.

I like this one the best.  She doesn't wear her hair down too often any more (at least in the few times I've caught the NBA show, which is almost never.)  But this one captures her the best IMO. 

Which one do you like?

7 comments:

  1. Now I'm gonna need one of her cards. Beautiful young woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, your versions are way better. I'd probably say #2 is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last two are great, the look so much crisper than the actual A & G cards. I'd lean toward the last one but I'd like to see you whip up more A&G creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A&G's images are really washed out this year. I like #2 as well. ... I've done the BOTY for A&G for several years (including that epic 2012 year), but slacked off as my interest A&G waned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of her, but she certainly is easy on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not familiar with her (don't follow NBA that closely), but she has a gorgeous smile. My favorite would be the last card with her hair down.

    ReplyDelete