Thursday, October 24, 2019

Nationals Ride The S-Train To Victory Again

Haven't been posting much lately, mostly because of the unbelievable World Series games 1 and 2.  (The other thing was that my Mom had the other knee replaced Monday - everything went great and she was home the next day and is recovering just fine.)

I didn't really have any special cards for Scherzer, Soto, or Invader Zim to commemorate Game 1, but I do have a few nicer ones for last nights 12-3 domination.

Every now and then I'll pull or come across a nice Steven Strasburg parallel or fancy card.  Nothing high end, but a few that are worth more than a George.


2010 Rookies, both #661.  These are .3 and .4 versions - version 661.1 (on COMC anyway) is the autographed first pitch photo which shows more of this throwing arm behind him like the left one here.  661.2 is the Million Card Giveaway of the same photo.

No, I dont' own this one


Next up is a gold parallel of the 2011 Rookie Cup.  Serial numbering to 2011 boosts the value.  At the time I was just glad to pull a parallel of his.


This one might look familiar in a sense to my regular readers.  It's the inspiration for the Leading Ladies design.  The red and white work well with the Nats uniform.


Another nice red accented theme, this Target parallel from 2013 has a very clean look.  Wouldn't be bad to seek out the whole team set of these.


Cool shiny stat line 2014 Donruss numbered out of 296.  I like the take on the '87 design too.


Slightly crop-scanned shot of the green Bunt parallel from 2017 (/99).  Not the best color for a red and grey uniform, but rarer parallel at least.


Really sparkly 2017 Bowman Platinum.  One of these days I'll find a starter lot of a recent BPlat set and finish it, except for the outrageous rookies or whatever Bowmanesque trouble it contains.  Scan doesn't do this one justice, so I snapped a photo with my phone...


And finally, the pièce de résistance.  The 2010 Heritage card given away at the National.  The only worthwhile item to stand in that big of a line for.  They're still going for triple-blaster prices on COMC.


The way the Nationals are going, I don't expect them to even have to go back to the "Juice Box" to complete the Series.  But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment