Thursday, June 18, 2020

2008 Heritage custom

I'm starting a new mini-series that will compare the original 1959 Topps set to it's Heritage counterpart in 2008.  I was going to tackle the 1971/2020 pairings, and while I have the whole set of '71 Topps, I'm not quite done with Heritage.  So I figured I do have both of the '08 combination, so let's see how they match up.

Well, card number 1 was Strike 1 right away.  I guess Topps didn't want to shell out cash to use the images of MLB executives (or managers for that matter - there aren't any) in Heritage, so card #1 is Vlad Guerrero.  No offense to Vladdy, but here's what Heritage #1 should have looked like:


Remember, this is 12 years ago, so Manfred wasn't the Commish yet.  It was an easy transformation from the original Commish card.  Found a font that pretty much matched, and then just had to remove the photo, extend the background and paste in the new picture.


Stay tuned for the Heritage pairups/mismatches posts!

3 comments:

  1. Head's up, Greg, your second photo isn't showing for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fixed it. Had it from an URL, but switched it to an uploaded photo.

      Delete
  2. Topps did a great job on the Frick... and you did a great job on the Selig.

    ReplyDelete