Friday, May 11, 2018

Vin Scully Said It Best

In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened!

Everyone thought the Washington Capitals would struggle to compete in their division this season.  They knocked off their arch nemeses Monday night and advanced the furthest into the playoffs than they've been since about 1998.


That's never gonna get old.  Especially the radio call.

I was shocked to see Pierre McGuire interviewing Caps players on our local NBC Sports Washington channel after they cut away to the other game very quickly once this one ended.  I figured he and the other NBC guys would be too distraught to continue since their favorite team lost.

The players say they're only halfway to the real prize, but this is better than the Redskins beating Dallas to go to the Super Bowl.


I usually say "Watch for lightning!" when something happens like this that's so against the status quo, but in this case, it's literally true.   But the confidence of the Capitals will be so much higher after this series, that Tampa better strap in tight.

I just hope they don't end up facing Vegas in the Final.  That would be a shame to have to spoil those guys' run.

4 comments:

  1. I'm pulling for a Vegas vs. Caps SC Finals. Seeing either of those teams win it all would be okay in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caps-Knights would be a fantastic final. I'm with you and Fuji. Bolts are going to be tough though, and the Caps need Backstrom back. If they can get through Tampa I'll be convinced that it's finally their time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:20 AM

    I remember when they wheeled out the cup on the ice on a table after the Red Wings won it seeing old Jack Adams kissing it at old Olympia Stadium. As a Red Wings fan I can only hope that they can bring the cup to their 3rd home Little Caesars Arena. I wish it was called something else than that piece of horsepucky but I'm rooting for your Capitals since my Wings deposed them in '98 Finals their Russian kid is Gr8 as compared to the little whiner who lost his chance to tie Gretzky in having 4 cups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since the start of the playoffs I've been pulling for a Caps vs Knights Stanley Cup. It is now has a 25% chance of happening. I'm not going to get my hopes up too high but the Caps looked good tonight (well last night since it is wee hours Saturday now) vs the Bolts. They won 4-2. I was a little worried the Bolts would pull a Penguins tying up within 5 minutes and scoring the winning goal late in the game.

    ReplyDelete