Monday, July 09, 2018

Mailday Was Highly Destructive And Completely Appreciated


Brian from Highly Subjective And Completely Arbitrary blog blew me away with return fire Friday.  It was in response to one of several small packages I sent out a while ago to kill some top wants from the lists of fellow bloggers.

I've now got two guys who knocked off four spots from my highest priority wants in the last couple weeks.  They overlapped a little, but Brian also sent some other great stuff.  P-Town Tom beat him to these, but still these are nice hits. 

 

And another Ellsbury SaberStars...


And then there was this:


No way I expected that to show up, especially among the other sports stuff.  And that wasn't the only short-lived priority....


Childress came off the Pro Line Profiles list.  I've got the rest of them coming next week....

 

The two Bowman minis are now gone.  Plus, a hockey set dies....


Then came the bonus Orioles...first a couple Salutes from 2018.  Probably the only ones I'll own.


And a couple more Machados to dress up my Stadium Club set.  Might have to look for the refractor version of the Chromey Manny...


Also a rookie auto from Sterling...


Then it got really interesting!  Some player collection hits from some really obscure products.


Bonds is from Wiz Yankees of the 70's.  Lou is not just your ordinary '78 Topps....


It's the Burger King version!  And then this O'Connell & Sons Ink Charlie Keller really surprised me.


And speaking of older players, there was this REALLY nice '54 Bowman Puddin' Head Jones that I could have scanned a little straighter...


But it actually shouldn't really have been on the list, because I've posted about this card before.  Namely that I had upgraded it at one point already, so I'm not sure how it stayed on my site list for ol' Willie.


But oh well, the new one is a nice upgrade to even the good old one.  Plus there was also this that I actually didn't have....


TCMA The 50's of Puddin' Head as well.

The pièce de résistance is this Chris Davis auto/relic numbered out of 30.  I'll have to look up what I sent Brian,  because stuff like this is just over and above the call in comparison, I can assure you!



I found a couple '59s and another vintage single or two to send his way, but I'm going to have to step up my game to keep up with Brian!

2 comments:

  1. Puddin' Head! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a long time to mail this out to you, so the longer I delayed, the higher the stack became!

    ReplyDelete