Friday, November 15, 2019

A Glaring Omission

After all my systematic counting procedures and thorough documentation counting my whole collection, I missed a few.

Since these are stored in a separate and undisclosed location from the bulk of my stuff, they slipped my mind until yesterday.  Twenty-nine of my best cards are kept in screw-downs away from the others.

I added them to my spreadsheet, so the official totals are now this:


Makes it a nice round grand total.  That will be my official number. 

Here are the last additions:


 A lot of these are from the one collection that I bought a long time ago.  It was mostly Dodgers and big name star rookies.  The '55 Ted was my first high dollar card.  Killer was the final piece of the '55 Senators team I did.  The rest are from that collection except Yogi.   I got him real cheap before I started the '50 Bowman set.


 More Dodgers.  Got the Koufax and Campy myself. 


These I've bought over the years at Chantilly or the National, except Maris who was with the collection.  The Gibson's not the greatest, but the price was right.


Nolan was in the collection.  Schmidt I bought myself, and the Maz is actually from 2008 Heritage.  Pulled him from a box I opened.  Best pull I've done, I think.

Sorry, none of these are available for trade.

6 comments:

  1. Wow.
    My favorite is the Bob Feller card. It's absolutely glorious.
    You should start yourself a HOF Binder! You have a good head start right there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I basically have one, but half the other cards of the same stars are with the sets, so it's only certain ones

      Delete
  2. Incredible cards! No wonder you keep them in a separate undisclosed location. The '53 Feller and '60 Clemente look razor sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome bunch of cards. Nice score.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza. Sweet collection. I remember keeping my best cards in similar screwdowns. Shifted to top loaders when I returned to the hobby in the late 2000's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how many collectors drooled a little bit while reading this post...

    ReplyDelete