Monday, November 11, 2019

Interesting Mail From Mr. H

I met and swapped cards with Jim, aka Mr. Haverkamp at this year's National.  He hit me again today with a few cool things in the mail.


I got an email from him just after I posted my Ron Fairly collection.  He said he had an addition.  This is apparently the Jello version of the 1963 Post cereal card.  Sweet!


Here's a comparison.  Not sure I'd know the difference without seeing them side by side.  The separation between the name and the number and team lines gives it away.  Interesting how the finishing on the same photo is so completely different between them.


Next up, the Laughlin/Fleer version of the World Series cartoons #36 Charlie Keller.  This is an upgrade to mine, especially on the back, where my previous one is way off center.


And finally, there's this credit-cardy thing that neither of us can readily identify, but seems familiar to me.  I've seen these before somewhere.  Nifty addition to my team collection if it isn't there already.  I surmised that is has to be 1973 or later since it mentions the Super Bowl VII appearance.

You can always expect quality items from Mr. Haverkamp.  Thanks Jim, and send me some more want lists!

2 comments:

  1. Oof, jelly over the Jello Fairly. And the Laughlin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't see Jello's on the blogs very often, pretty cool of that fellow to send you one!

    ReplyDelete