Monday, December 09, 2019

Bucky Catches A Tiger

My friend and best trading buddy Stuart, aka Bucky75, (also aka BseballCommish75 on Sports Card Forum), hooked me up with an autograph at a Detroit area show on November 10th.  He bought me the card too, since the one I have was lesser quality and will be bound for my set.


Mickey Lolich is most remembered for his three complete game victories in the '68 World Series against the Bob Gibson led Cardinals.  He had the most strikeouts by a lefty when he retired in 1979.


He is also one of my many player collections.  And now he's one of a select group that contain a personalized autograph.


Here they are at Redford.  This wasn't the first time Stuart has met him.


They met before in 2017 discussing, as Stuart notes on his People I Have Met page, "the '68 Series and what makes a good donut."  Lolich was the color commentator on the local Lansing Lugnuts minor league team tv broadcasts back in 1996.  Hopefully, the cameramen there waited until the subjects were ready a bit longer than the card show people.

Incidentally, if you venture to that site, see if you can help any of his want lists while you're there.  He's got tons of trade bait.  I've seen it first hand.

Thanks, dude!


4 comments:

  1. I just left this comment on another blog a few days ago... but I read in a 1991 Tuff Stuff magazine that (at the time) Lolich was the only player in MLB history to hit a home run in a World Series without having any home runs during the regular season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything to help you out. Now your blogger friends can put a face to the crazed person who took you for a crazy time this last summer going on the great haul adventures as well provided you some great finds throughout the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you have some tough wantlists but I am going to see what I can find . . .

      Delete
  3. Bo I look forward to hearing from you what you might have for me.

    ReplyDelete