Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Picked A Pocket Of Pitchers And Pie

Got a cool little mailing today from Julie at A Cracked Bat: Baseball Cards And A Hot Dog today.  They were offerings from her Pick My Pockets page for regular readers.


First was a shiny Fedde.  These always scan blue, but they're regular foilboard.  My first parallel National.  The original idea is to make a whole team set of one type of parallel (or all of them), but I've tried this before and failed.


The Penultimate Pick is a Pettitte.  (OK, got that out of my system.)  One more chip out of the house-sized granite block that is the Decade's Best inserts.  I need to generate some bulk trades on these so I don't have to buy a lot of them.


And finally, a George Foster red American Sluggers insert from 2002 Topps American Pie.  I finished all four colors when I did the set, but haven't done the same for my player collections. 

Thanks a lot Julie!  Gonna check out your want lists anyway!

4 comments:

  1. Seeing that photo of Foster takes me back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed a lot of great sets while not collecting in the early 2000's, American Pie was definitely one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie's Pick Pockets page is full of great stuff. I love those Decade's best inserts, even the Andy Pettitte is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked them, Mr. Mind. New picks going up this weekend, hopefully tonight. ;)

    ReplyDelete