Monday, March 30, 2020

I Think Topps Reads My Blog ... And Then Flips Me Off

Called it!

You may remember back in November when Topps came out with the NOW! sets of the Washington Nationals World Series victory.  I bought the set with the autograph that was to be shipped out later.  There was a false alarm in February when I got something else.  Well, the FedEx delivery came today.


Folded up in bubble wrap and a big yellow padded mailer was another one of these black envelope things.

Could it be Scherzer?  The future Hall Of Famer?

Or Soto? The breakout rookie star?

Robles? Another rookie phenom who I liked during the season?

Kendrick? The veteran journeyman who came through in the clutch?

Suzuki? Who returned to the Nats and won a couple postseason games?

Or would it be, as I predicted from the start, the one guy out of all of them who I know the least, and just don't have the same enthusiasm for ~ Patrick Corbin?


Yep.  Had to be Corbin.


I have no luck at all...

No offense to Patrick Corbin, his contribution to the victory was just as important as anyone else on the team.  And I can't knock getting an autograph numbered 6/99 and a team set of cards for the price of (well, four) blasters.  It's just I would have enjoyed any of the other guys better, ya know?  *sigh*

4 comments:

  1. That is a bummer, and his autograph is missing quite a few letters. But it's still a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your luck sounds very much like my luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry buddy but at least you got an entertaining blog post out of it. Love the Trevor gif!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer. Knowing these are live... I guess I can start searching for a Suzuki autograph.

    ReplyDelete