Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Safe & Sane

Ugh, I won't go into a whole narrative about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak or the worldwide consequences since everyone has already felt the effects in one way or another.


Of the 20-couple people in my office, I'm really the only one who is scheduled to actually show up on site regularly, and that's every other day.  Otherwise, we're taking help desk calls and doing administrative work from home.  It's kind of a drag, but at least I'm still able to work.  Though I sort of hope they give up after a few weeks and just let us off until this is all resolved.

Because then I could really get some things done in my collecting world!

I just looked it up to confirm, and the local monthly show was cancelled this past Sunday.
The Chantilly Show in Virginia has also cancelled.  Hopefully they have the second of three dates in July.


Hopefully, the National is late enough that it will still go on.


At the very least, I hope the Post Office stays operational.  I've got trading to do!

I promise I won't be sending any contaminated cards...

Be safe, stay healthy ... and sane!

5 comments:

  1. There was a show scheduled in my town the Sunday after next. I'm not sure whether it's been officially canceled yet, but I'm certainly not going (and I'm guessing it wouldn't even be allowed under the rules about gatherings the state has imposed). I mean, I wish I could go, but it just wouldn't be smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy out here in the Bay Area. Normally, I'd embrace paid leave... but this whole shelter in place has given me a little "cabin fever". Can't wait until things return to normal... and I can hit up a card show again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm staying safe but it's far, far too late for sane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to the new guidelines, I don't think anyone's gonna have to worry about attending card shows anytime soon. Hopefully they'll all still be around once the restrictions are lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working right now but also hope to be hanging at home soon. There are only two others in my office. They don't get personal space however. I take three steps back and they take four towards me. I've repeatedly asked them to stay away from my desk. Argh!!!!!!!! Continue in good health!

    ReplyDelete