Monday, April 22, 2019

Angels In Our Midst

When I looked up the 1977 Charlie's Angels set on the Database, I saw that there weren't any scans beyond the first series of 55 cards.  Like a dutiful member, I figured I'd scan the batch I just got from Stuart in Michigan and fill out some of the blanks.  It's going to be a bit tedious to separate all the front and back images, (and get the backs right side up in a lot of cases), but I've got 'em all scanned at least.  Figured I'd show 'em off here.  It's not the complete set, but gives you a good idea of what they're like.




Tried to put all the horizontals together, but it didn't quite work out....



As you can see, this lot pretty much excludes anything with Farrah.  





The vast majority are really just portraits of the girls, with or without captions that go with the plot of the show.  But that's really all anyone wants to see with these anyway, isn't it?



Cheryl Ladd was really adorable.  But I'll always like Jaclyn Smith the best....

 

 The Database has all these stickers already, but I threw 'em on the scanner for your enjoyment too.


And did you know there is an O-Pee-Chee version of the set?  The first series of 55 comes in English only AND bi-lingual versions.  Not really sure how to tell 'em apart, since the only copyright info is from the tv studio on all of them.


There are two dots in the lower right corner of these cards.  The Topps ones above also have either one or two dots in the same spot.  I couldn't find anything that said what they mean.  If anyone knows a good reference site for these, leave it in the comments.




These are pics I'll print out and put on the outside of the binder.  Nice way to end.

8 comments:

  1. Ages ago it was my understanding that the number of "dots" (asterisks) was some kind of printing code that let them know which sheet the cards were a part of (a or b sheet) so the backs would be printed correctly. Some have even said they were which printing they were, or which printing facility they were made in. Over the years I noticed that most Topps Non-Sport cards from the 1970s and 80s had them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stickers in this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about trying to add some scans to the TCDB, but I don't know where I'd find the time -- if I start doing that, I've gotta give up something else, and none of my other something else's are things that I would want to give up right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a full set of these in my 70s binder. I do have a few dupes. Perhaps you might need a few? Great fun seeing these on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello beautiful ladies. 😎 Great cards. I think I had some of these back in the day. It is awesome seeing so many scanned like this. Great job and fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The show was before my time, but man do I love to look at beautiful women and cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stickers are far out, man!

    ReplyDelete