Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Together As One

Sounds like this is going to be an epic rallying cry for all you collectors to start a movement toward better products, more interaction, and raising awareness.

Nah, I just thought I'd show a little technique I use to align pictures in blog posts.  Not sure if this is the best way to do things, but it works for me.

When you're writing something that compares two cards or images, and you want them to sit side by side, Blogger doesn't really make that easy to do.  Most of the time, pictures will be inserted in the center of the page, and form a column with a line of text space in between each picture.  If your pictures are small enough to fit two across a page (or more), try these steps to get them to sit together on the same line.

First insert your pictures normally:



Then I type a few random characters on the line between them.

 gfdss

Next, press delete to back the lower picture against the text.

 gdfss

Then click on the beginning of the text (before the "g"), and hit Backspace a couple times until the first picture jumps to the same line.

gdfss

And finally, I replace the gibberish text with a space or two just to keep the pictures separate.  Otherwise, if you try to click between them, it's hard to keep from extending the "link" to the full size picture and getting blue underlines in the space between.

 

And voilĂ , both pictures are side by side.  These two are Medium size.  Anything larger will result in them shifting to another line once the post is saved.  So confirm with your Preview function and then save immediately.


7 comments:

  1. If I have both cards, I just photograph the two together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have enough basic HTML knowledge that I can create a border-less 2-cell table. That works very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better yet, send ME those two cards of the Cuban Comet and I will post them for you.

    Or - and yes, return them. Suuuuuuuuuuuuure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use photoscape. Can put any number of images together in as many rows and columns as I choose. But it makes them small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My blogger is pretty simple to use. I just import both photos into the blog post, highlight one photo, cut, and paste it next to the other photo. I'm just bummed that I can't fit more than three photos side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well yeah, I use a really outdated version of Paint Shop Pro to combine, alter and customize images outside of blogger. (And make all my customs.)

    This was just to maneuver two set pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been struggling with how to do this for literally years now, I even asked for help on the blog once, which resulted in virtual crickets. With my limited knowledge of computer stuff, I never was able to figure it out, so THANK YOU for this!

    ReplyDelete