Tuesday, July 30, 2019

First Stop On The Tour

This is my first post composed entirely on my cell phone.  I hope it looks OK, the formatting looks different (much larger main body text for one).  And I usually resize photos before posting, but these are straight off my phone camera as are most of the rest, but completely unedited.

So anyway, I am now in Michigan (since Sunday), and tomorrow my friend Stuart and I set off for Chicago and the National.

Monday, we went to Red Cedar Antiques in the Lansing area.  There is a card vendor there with a pretty decent selection.  I found a couple oddball items.


The part of my [hoard] that gets the most new items is my baseball player collections.  I'll likely return from Chicago with a ton of new oddball stuff.  Got a couple on this first stop.  Local (Michigan) favorite Steve Kemp appears to have actually signed this promo photo.


The flip side of the Foster disc reveals that this is not an Isaly's or Orbaker, but the less commonly seen (by me at least) Pepsi-Cola version.

I have aspired to find all the 80s Drake's sets in complete form.  And cheap!  So far I've only obtained the first one from 1981 until now.  The 1984 batch was a fair five bucks.

We also stopped by our friend Rick's shop over in Mason.  That haul I will post after the show is over.  Unless I get sick of posting like this,  then you'll have to wait until I get home and back to a normal screen and keyboard/mouse interface.  My apologies for forgetting my dang laptop!

Hope to see you in Rosemont!

3 comments:

  1. Post looks fine on the desktop. Do all variations of the disks say Pepsi-Cola on the front?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, most have stars on them.

      Delete
  2. Good job on the cell phone post. Never tried it myself... and probably never will since I hate typing on the phone. Have fun at the show! And good luck tracking down all of the Drake's sets.

    ReplyDelete