Sunday, September 01, 2019

National Day 3 (Part B)

Hmpf.  Completely missed posting Friday.  Had my nose firmly entrenched in the monster box hoard....

So on the Friday of the National, I met up with one of the blogosphere's most dedicated fans and indirect contributors, Mr. Haverkamp.  We swapped a few cards and then I took down some of his want lists to pursue there at the show.

Then later in the day, we met up again and traded the vintage cards I had found for him, along with some straight cash, for a mind-blowing array of things from my lists.  Behold!


Click on the picture to see it full size.  It's the best view you'll get of this stuff.  I accidentally double shrank some of the separate pictures later, so come back to this one.


This shot won't zoom any better, but you can just make out who a lot of these players are since they are familiar stars.  These are much bigger names than the ones I bought myself.  I was amazed at the star power he brought me. Both Ryan highlights and most of the others, Carew, Palmer, Carlton, and a couple of the bigger MVPs!


This pic is over-smallified too.  Check out those Ruth & Mantle UD Heroes, though!  I'd never actually seen the Ruth ones at all, and the Micks are tough to find too.  An always welcom Jeter hit to 2007 Bowman Heritage, and some Heritage inserts from the '57 tribute set.  Zimmer and the much sought after Clemente Dodger Archive cards came along with a batch of Topps '52s from 2006.


Some oddballs too.  A full size and a mini (that I duplicated) from Topps T205 and a triple folder.  There's only 100 of those things, but it seems they never end.  And some '74 Kellogg's lenticular lusciousness for you.  (Doubled up on a couple of those too).


A good picture of the few vintage football that we exchanged.  I got a couple different years of Gale Sayers at the show, so I'm not sure I got this one from him or not.


And the prettiest stuff for last.  At least you can see them clearly.  '77 Charlie's Angels paired with some 2008 A&G mini World Leaders.  I had the shark minis in another shot with these, but that one isn't worth posting.

Can't thank Mr. Haverkamp enough for the trade/sale.  Was the best haul of my National!

4 comments:

  1. And I thought the key to the deal was the Jim Marshall Sportscaster card! Great to meet and trade with you; you did a fine job picking out stuff from my wantlist with such a large hall to navigate...it won't be our last swap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw dang, that's probably still in my list binder!

      Delete
  2. Haverkamp has a way of coming up with really cool stuff. Love those 74 Kelloggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Sayers! I don't own any of his cards, and really should put a little more effort into doing so.

    ReplyDelete